Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Fathers Day

Yesterday was Fathers day, but today I received the cards in the mail.  Of course Linda gave me her cards on Fathers Day, and I did get calls from all of my children that were able (David of course does not get to call on Fathers day, only on MOTHERS day).  I thought I would share the cards with everyone. 

Mom gave me two cards:

  • One plays "Just the Two of Us" song over and over, like she has to remind me that we are empty nesters and no one lives near by.  We were sooo lonely we went for a 4 hour drive with "Just the Two of Us" - Mom was really tolerant in riding on mountain roads that shook her arm and shoulder.
  • In the other card she tells me that if she hadn't married me she could have found someone else to drive nuts, but that she is nuts about me.

BirthdayCard17 BirthdayCard172

 

Kevin and Ellen take the Crude Award.  Of course it fits right in with our family humor.

 

BirthdayCard13  BirthdayCard14

Kelly and Mike sent the Mid-life Crisis card.  However, my mid life crisis was 10 years ago.  I am now in declining life panic mode. 

BirthdayCard1 BirthdayCard12

 

Madison, Carter and Brooke sent the Gramp Award card.  I really like how Brooke made me look nice and thin and with lots of hair. That is so nice!

BirthdayCard15 BirthdayCard16

All I can say is Linda, Emily, Kelly, Scott, Ellen, and David make me look like a great Dad. Keep it up!  I know that you were all great spirits and it was a blessing to receive all of you in my family. 

2 comments:

mini-wheats said...

You're blogs alwys get to me! I love you, Dad! Can't wait to see you soon, Papa Bear!

Mike and Kelly said...

I hope it was a great post Father's Day when you got all of your cards. We love you so much.