Monday, June 25, 2007

Never Prepared for the Event

Ever since we had children, it seems that we have never quite been prepared for their events. Linda will declare that this is one of my weaknesses. That is probably true since she always plans things out in advance. This is one area, where she has let me fail a number of times. Recently was one of those times.

David had his lats choir concert in High School. He was given a solo. As we had to hurry and leave, I quickly checked my video camera bag, and then after a quick review of several tapes, could not find one that I had copied to somewhere else so that I could re-use the tape or one which had space on it. So I decided, I would have to record it on my digital camera.

We went to the event, then of course, had to take a few pictures here and there. About the time that his solo started, which was near the end, I started recording the solo in video mode. Linda also had her brand new digital camera and was taking pictures, and I thought recording also. About 15 seconds into his solo, of about 40 seconds, my card ran out of space. Linda thought she might have caught it, but was unsure. The result was that we only captured 15 seconds or so in less then ideal detail.

But what we did get, I share with you all





He was pretty good, huh! Too bad we didn't get more detail. It is also too bad, he would never expand on this great talent earlier.

BUT WE LOVE HIM AND WILL MISS HIM WHEN HE LEAVES HOME! JUST AS WE LOVE AND MISS YOU ALL!!

No comments: